INFO-Tain-ment

Thursday, November 23, 2006

750 of my closest friends

Last night I had the good fortune of attending at the Trillium Dinner in Ottawa. There was lots of glad-handing and back-slapping- and the best steak you can expect to have when they are cooked 1000 plates at a time.

For the low low price of well above and beyond the federal campaign contribution limits for corporations, I had the chance to mix and hob-knob with the Ontario Cabinet, the Premier, and 750 lobbyists who wish they could make corporate contributions to the federal Liberal party.

This is event was proof positive that the only effect that the most recent changes to the federal election contribution limit by Prime Minister Chretien (L - Come back- please, come baaaaaack)did nothing but fill the coffers of the Ontario liberal party, and if the changes proposed by the Conservative FAAtwa on Ottawa (I can come up with a clever pun every week for this, I am sure) come to fruition, it will be even better for the Ontario Liberals. I am sure that even John Tory (C - I wanna be the Mayor) wants a piece.

So much so that the Quebec Liberals are hosting an event in Hull very soon. Expect the same crowd.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home