INFO-Tain-ment

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Things you give up in college

I feel sorry for Stephane Dion- not because he isn't making the right decision - but because I believe the key thing that led to his demise was racism/linguism in the province of Ontario.

That said, when I look closer at the demographics of the vote, I conclude two very interesting things:

1) Over 308 ridings, Conservative vote totals didn't really increase by all that much; and
2) People who voted NDP and Green this time can't make the same mistake again.

I remember when I was in college - we used to love going to Smith college in the United states. They held a debating tournament every year, and every year even the ugliest guy on the debate team would get laid.

Why? Because Smith is an all girls school in the middle of nowhere.

According to the New York Times, one in TWO girls who attend Smith 'admit' to participating in at least one act of lesbianism during their time at Smith. Does that make them gay? God no. The same article went on to say that these girls leave Smith, find loving husbands and move on with their lives. I wouldn't call it a phase, but it is certainly limited to a certain time/space.

The point is that when they are surrounded with few options, they choose what is available.

I think this is why young people vote for the Greens and the NDP. It is a phase. They are inundated with it on Campus, and it seems fun to do at the time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home