INFO-Tain-ment

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Federal Election Today

And I don't really care. Here is what I am hoping for:

1) I want another Minority Parliament. They are good for business.

2) I want voter turnout to be REALLY low. Then maybe we can have a serious conversation about "Never-endum."

3) I want my local Liberal candidate to win. I like her. I don't think she has a chance in Hell.

4) I desperately want the bloq to be under 40 seats. It is about money. Frankly, I quite like Gilles.

5) I desperately want to understand why people (who have the right to vote) think that the current state of the economy has ANYTHING to do with federal policy, and further, I want to know why they they Messrs Dion or Layton would be better at dealing with issues that affect us from abroad.

6) I really want Lloyd St. Amand to win. He is a nice guy.

7) I really want the Tories to win a seat in Newfoundland. While I am not a big Fabian Manning fan, he is the best bet - I love Danny Williams to bits, but for Christ's sake he needs to shut up from time to time.

8) I really want at least one Cabinet Minister to lose and get appointed to the Senate, or Ambassador, or to some other quasi-important job that completely undermines the Reform-party wing of the Tories raison d'etre. Fortier and Emerson were great examples from the last time- I wonder what they will be this time?

9) I really want Mike Duffy to retire. I find him to be a useless freckle on the teet of journalism, and anything but an unbiased raconteur of events. He is almost as biased as...

10) I really want to see the CBC take one on the chin for something. Their coverage of this election has been HORRIBLE and unfair. I love it, don't get me wrong, but I hate it when people try to make the news rather than report it. If you wanted to make the news, you shouldn't have gone to J-school.


In an unrelated story, I really like rural Quebec- they are very libertarian out there. So libertarian, they are trying to leave Canada. Who knew?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home