INFO-Tain-ment

Thursday, July 19, 2007

Senses


You can stand on a street corner you walk by every day - and only remember one moment. Who could think that looking both ways before crossing the street would hurt?

You can sit in a restaurant you have been in a 100 times and remember the one time it wasn't any fun. The food is always great, but I don't like this booth.

You can drive by a hospital in which your life was saved and only remember losing a loved one. I don't remember my life being saved, but I remember sitting bedside.

You can sit at a desk and remember losing your job.

You can sit across from it and remember getting it. Back.

You can visit the peace tower - and know that 31 million see it as the symbol of freedom, and know that for you it is about loss. It isn't eternal - it is centennial- it goes out all the time.

You can walk home and slink into bed, or onto the couch, pick out a movie and watch it - knowing there is no way you will ever be as happy as you were the first time you saw it - but you watch it anyway.

You can stand on the front lawn- and smell the grass - and remember the last time you ever saw the person you thought was your best friend.

No matter what your perspective - it can change in an instant. I celebrate the riches my senses provide to me. The feelings I get in my chest that tell me that something is wrong, that it should hurt, help me to stay alive. In fact, they prove I am. It is the same for happiness. You feel it inside.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home