INFO-Tain-ment

Saturday, July 21, 2007

Red Light

On the street, a flashing Red Light means you should come to a complete stop, and proceed with caution.

On the top of the building, it is used to avoid hitting the building with a plane.

A siren. A country road stop sign. A beacon. A district you won't tell your kids about. An indication the idiot in front of you is finally going to slow down. Evidence that the oven is hot enough to bake chicken wings. A message awaits.

Some nights I stare waiting for the Red Light. Flashing. Telling me there is something there.

Tonight when it flickered I proceeded with caution. There are so many things that the messages carry- and the curse I call imagination dreams of wild results to seemingly simple problems. More often then not it asked me if I wanted cheap pharmaceuticals. Sometimes it updated me on the score in the game. A smile from a friend. It did not bring me bad news.

Who knew that a red light, or the absence of one, could create such anxiety.

Flashing in the dark. I stare waiting for it, or sleep, to come. I wish for the later first.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home