INFO-Tain-ment

Sunday, December 03, 2006

Liberal Convention #1 - Play Ball-ott

I apologize in advance for the way my convention analysis is going to trickle out. Attending the convention was great, but it has caused the work to pile up on my desk, not to mention create work for me to do. This process will take a few weeks - sorry, I don't get paid to do this...yet.


Suffice it to say that Mr. Dion (L - My dog's name is Kyoto) wasn't my first choice personally, but I am very happy with the result. Mr. Dion is probably the...most challenging in terms of the direct interests of the people I represent. Sustainable Develoment is an industry term, or at least it was before Saturday night.

That said, I am going to post, in ascending order of importance, my observations and analysis to the key events as I saw them. In some cases, I saw things on TV like everyone else. In other cases, I was a little closer.

BALLOTS should not be the exact same colour as the signs, hats, and other propaganda of one of the remaining candidates.


As it turns out, it probably didn't have an impact as the result for the final ballot was predetermined 19 minutes after the second one. If it had been a little closer, I would have raised holy hell if I was counsel to the Iggy team. They didn't. Good on them.


I am not saying that the decision to have the ballots that colour was reversible error. Far from it. I am saying that a nice Teal or Purple would have been fine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home