INFO-Tain-ment

Thursday, September 14, 2006

A Rod when it matters, A-Rod when it doesn't

It is a well established fact that I love the New York Yankees. They are wicked awesome and can do almost no wrong. As such, I am bound to love their players unconditionally. Last year I loved Alex Rodriguez (A-Rod) when he smacked 50 Homers and won the MVP. He fell flat in the playoffs, but who cares- right?

Wrong- let's look at this year- he is sitting on 33 homers, ten of which have magically appeared since the Yankees vaulted past the Red Sox into first place. He had the worst slump of his career this summer, and made like 20 errors in 37 games in June-July. Now that it doesn't matter anymore, he is a champion.

There isn't a direct corrleation, but jesus, a 25 million dollar player who only hits dingers when it doesn't matter? Great.

I hope I am wrong. I hope that A-Rod dominates in the playoffs and makes a fool out of all his critics. I hope that he wins the World Series MVP and goes to Disneyworld. I think, however, that he will bat around .200 and will be lamentably poor during the post-season.

Luckily, with the exception of the 1927 New York Yankees, his current team is the most awesome offensive force in the history of the league.

It's just too bad that he can't play big time ball.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home