INFO-Tain-ment

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

If I had a Dhalla for everytime I heard that...

The yankees won four straight games.

I got a hole in one (my second in 8 months, my fourth lifetime)

I had too much red bull, and not enough sleep.

And, for whatever reason, we think that how much of a collective douchebage Ruby Dhalla's family is somehow any of our business.

Do I think that MPs have to hold themselves to a moderately higher standard than you and I? Well, if they want to win, they should, but otherwise no.

Do I think that MPs can use Parliamentary proceedings to attack their opponents. Obviously they can, but I think it is tacky - and should affect their ability to win. Not the bad actors - they affect their ability on their own - using the process to expose "how bad they are" when the newspaper is doing a fine job on its own.

Do I think that hauling foreign workers, however poorly treated, in front of a standing committee for political gain is appropriate? Not on your life- they looked terrified and rightly so.

I am glad that while half of the country is focused on Mulroney/$300K the other half is focused on the Canadian Nanny gate - I am glad there is nothing wrong with the economy or anything.

Do I think that while you read this article, someone in Canada will take advantage of a foreign worker? Yes - and it should be made even more illegal and easier to prove.

Do I think that one iota of change will come from these proceedings? No.

And it is sad. That politicians have no problem exploiting these people - for their own gain - knowing that they have been exploited. Shame.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home