INFO-Tain-ment

Friday, April 17, 2009

Harper Hires Ari

I wish he had hired Ari Gold.

Now, I am not an expert, nor am I a micro manager - I think the PM should use his budget to hire whomever he thinks is best positioned to help Canada. That is his call.

Personally, I think I would look at his history of success in relaying messages to the world and think "if he is the best available, Bush must have been REALLY bad before his message got mangled domestically and internationally."

But, seriously, is Ari Fleischer really helping in the best interests of Canada? Or is he doing post-facto legacy building for his former benefactor? The coverage is really interesting:

- Harper is an ally on the War on Terror - an expression which is no longer en vogue in the US.
- Harper believes in regulatory reduction - while Canada has very strong regs on finances, Bush...uh...didn't.

Those are just two examples - but I think they are important to keep in mind.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home