INFO-Tain-ment

Monday, May 04, 2009

Do we want an election?

No.

We are smarter. We are better managers. We have better (or we have some) ideas.

We don't want or need an election. We have had more elections in the last 5 years then we need - and if we pulled the plug, it might backfire.

We need the public to demand an election - barely cresting at 35ish percent in the polls fails to accomplish that - and a push poll, no less. Right now, the only people who really want an election, it would seem - are the people of Quebec - who always seem to want to vote on stuff.

If I was in charge of anything (and I am not) I would make sure that we are ready to go, I would get all the signs ready, I would get the ideas ready (and on paper) and I would start creating a stark contrast between me and the other guy(s).

And I would wait. I would expose each element of incompetency - knowing that they don't really dare do all that much in the interim. And yes, I understand that not doing anything can also have profound effects on the economy. Government uncertainty is way worse, I can assure you.

Maybe that doesn't sound like leadership, but in my world, you don't have to be cavalier to lead - sometimes, caution is the better choice of valour. Yes, I am aware that I am mixing metaphors.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home