INFO-Tain-ment

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Premier for Life

I have to say - Ontario's tough talking Premier has me wanting a Chavez like extension to his term.

For your edification- here why I am so happy

THUD. That "thud" you just heard was the sound of his balls being dropped onto the table. They are made of Dofasco steel. I am not going to offer an opinion about whether or not he can legally impose a tariff on South Korean goods- I don't have to. As the Premier said this morning "I am not as pessimistic as some of my advisers." WTO, Scmubble-U(sp?)-TO. Even if he doesn't impose a tariff persea, he is erected a non-tariff barrier to South Korea products. In the Premier's own words - "Two can play at that game."

All I know is that he is the only guy who is doing anything to protect manufacturing jobs in Canada. THE ONLY ONE. As the rest of Canada should know, when Ontario falls, so do you. The solution is not cutting taxes. The solution is investment - and until the feds pony up some cash, he is going to make working in their jurisdiction more difficult. I *love* it.


Besides, 99 out of 100 times when the Premiers are sqawkin' about something, it is outside of their jurisdiction. It is about time Ontario stood up and picked a fight. Lord knows (pun intended) that Danny Williams has picked enough fights in areas that are much further outside of his constitutional purview.


And don't even get me started on Alberta, Quebec, Manitoba and Saskatchewan who seem to think they can negotiate treaties with other countries. Or Alberta. Or Alberta. Or Alberta. I guess we only get upset with provinces when they do something that might undermine existing foreign policy priorities. When they establish their own, however...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home