INFO-Tain-ment

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Catjet

My battle with the State controlled airlines persists. Not only was my bag not the first of the plane despite my written request, and not only was I not allowed to sit in the cockpit of the plane despite my written request, when I got to my seat I was seated next to a cat. It was in a bizarre purse that was made out of the same stuff they used to make hockey jersey's out of, but it was clear that she was looking right at me.

According to Canjet policy, up to five small animals are allowed into the cabin of any flight. If I had an allergy to pets, I should have notified the ticket agent. Their test is "will the pet fit into a piece of luggage that could be stored safely under a seat."

Ok- I didn't tell her about my bee allergy because it is my understanding that bees are not allowed on flights either. In their defense, Canjet did move me to another seat. In their not-defence, they allowed a carnivore onto one of their flights.

But, just so I have this perfectly clear, I can't wear cologne on an airplane or have peanut butter M&Ms, but a cat can sit on his owner's lap as long as it is in a perfectly porous bag?

Cat people. You are all nuts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home