INFO-Tain-ment

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

So now what?

I am reminded of a story I was told by a White South African in 1997. It is pretty bad, so I won't share it, but the basic premise of the story was "yes, he is in control, but nothing has actually happened yet. His promises aren't policy."

Don't get me wrong- I am a HUGE fan of the things he says.

I am worried that I will be disappointed if he doesn't do the things he said he would do.

I am also worried that 150 Million enfranchised Americans will become further disenfranchised if he doesn't deliver.

I am EVEN more worried that if he doesn't deliver, it will be attributed to his race. That would set white/not-white relations in America back about 100 years.

I remain hopeful. I just like to keep an eye on the whole board.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home