INFO-Tain-ment

Monday, January 05, 2009

So, what is new...

I leave for TWO weeks and exactly nothing has changed. Except that it is still cold. Brrr.

While the PM's Critics complain about his Senate stacking, no one seems to care about his Supreme Court stacking - without the benefit of his own Parliamentary review. Can't do that without a Parliament I suppose...

And, the Bus strike rages on. Still an essensial service as far as I am concerned...Interesting way to get out of a coalition deal signed by your predecessor for Prof. Ignatief.

Seriously, when the Tories try legislate them back to work - which is the only other solution if the vote on thursday fails - they will need a dozen liberals to suppor them. I am not so naive to think that this legislation would be tied to the budget - but after the economic statement, nothing would surprise me.

Regardless, the NDP and the Bloq would NEVER support that kind of bill- would probably even call it "anti-union." Prof. Ignatief, however, would have to call upon his Ottawa experts (L - Look ma, I am almost as great as my older brother) who has been virulent in his crticism of the operators.

Fun times...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home