INFO-Tain-ment

Saturday, June 09, 2007

Not Understanding Things for 24 years

I was humming my favourite song to myself on my way home from the golf course this afternoon (I was horrible, thanks for asking- I guess I just can't do things competitively anymore - this saddens me deeply).

Anyhoo, my favourite song is "Every Breath you take" by the Police- and it has been on and off since about 1983, when it was song of the year- tied with Billie Jean. Also a great song which I love. It's only about mistaken infidelity and parentage based on a torrid night on the dancefloor.

"Every breath you take, Every move you make, Every bond you break, Every step you take, Ill be watching you"

This is a song about stalking someone. Now I feel sick and dirty. How many times have I sang this song? Just singing it is probably a crime if C-22 passes.

"Since youve gone I been lost without a trace, I dream at night I can only see your face, I look around but its you I can't replace, I feel so cold and I long for your embrace, I keep crying baby, baby, please..."

Not only is he a stalker, he is a pussy.

What you can get away with with a strong baseline, I guess. I have a friend whose nine year old's favourite song is "Shook me all night long" by ACDC. I am sure he hasn't explained what the lyrics mean to him either.

1 Comments:

Blogger Actively Acting Out said...

lyrics are important. he might be a stalker and a pussy but the song is still great.

5:01 a.m.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home