INFO-Tain-ment

Monday, May 21, 2007

Life's Changes

Last Friday I was depressed. When I as 20, I would have gotten hammered and done horrible things to my body. Friday? I played golf, and went carpet shopping. Two glasses of wine later, I was ready for bed. Granted, those two glasses probably cost more than the 20 beers I would have killed a decade ago.

This weekend, I went away. It used to be when I went away, it would involved drinking myself into a hole and subsequently pulling myself out of it. This weekend? I exfoliated.

I guess I am just getting on. That said, I have always seen myself as the open minded-liberal type- until this weekend I was told that I was racist (indirectly, of course.) It is, apparently, racist to order brown toast. "Around here," she said, "we have whole wheat toast. We don't label things by colo(u)r."

Ridiculous. They still sell Wonder White bread, of course.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home