INFO-Tain-ment

Saturday, May 13, 2006

Ministerial Wonders

I am lucky enough to live in Ottawa. As such, through sheer chance, I am often exposed to cute little stories. I want to share two with you-

1) Immigration-eh: I was walking towards my office one morning and there were two gentlemen in front of me. I am a fast walker. The guy on the left is screaming into a cellphone- it is either in spanish or portuguese (I honestly don't know), but it is clear that he is very upset at the officials in the department of citizenship and immigration.

He continues his rant, presumably cursing, as he walks passed the second gentleman, who continues walking without changing his pace whatsoever. When I catch up to the second gentleman, I give him a quick glance, and sure enough it was Monte Solberg- the current Minister of Citizenship and Immigration. He had a knowing smirk on his face.

2) The Thought Police: I happen to live in a downtown condominium building that is populated with several Ministers and Members of Parliament. It also happens to be the time of the decade when we fill out our census information. I hopped onto an elevator a few days ago, with my census information package, and another condo resident. He said, "Government's spying on you, eh?" Sure enough, it was the Minister of National Security and Emergency Preparedness Stockwell Day. "Don't worry," he continued as he got off the elevator, "we aren't too worried about people like you." I don't even want to guess what that means.

Maybe the Liberal Leadershipiots (TM) aren't so bad after all.

WST

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home