INFO-Tain-ment

Monday, March 20, 2006

Howard Roark Laughed

How many times have you started reading a blog that described itself as “not like any other blog?” If the answer to that question is > 1, and it upsets you, I probably have some bad news for you.

If you don’t read blogs for inspiration, insight, analysis and intellectual stimulation, I highly suggest you visit my blog once a week. My blog will be a delicate mixture of my daily observations on political philosophy, the general inefficiencies of society, and my casual observations about the interactions between people. I call it “infotainment,” and its mindless nature and flippancy will inevitably haunt me in my future.

I only ask two things: 1) If I make you laugh, tell me. While you live off food and air, I live off a subtle mélange of lol, roflmao, and other clever ways of saying “I have enjoyed your insight, or lack thereof.” 2) Don’t debate me in my forum. If you disagree with something I say, feel free to email me and tell me. The people who visit my blog, and for that matter the author, don’t care what you think. If they cared what you thought, they would go to your blog. If you would like, I will gladly direct them there.

That having been said, let me tell you a little bit about me. I don’t fit in. Politically, socially, philosophically, ecumenically, maniacally or mechanically- I am always wedged into a group that doesn’t quite describe me. I also make up words and/or misuse words on purpose, so don’t try to tell me my grammar is incorrect. I guess that means I only ask three things.

This forum will be an episodic adventure of what I believe, and you will find that I am not easily type cast into a political or ideological brand. My views often changes without warning. That is the beauty of what I like to call “the cube.” The cube is the new way of examining how a person fits into a political system. It adopts the mindless left-right spectrum along eight different lines. At this point in time, I don’t even know what each axis measures, but I do know that the centre of the cube, also known as the “sphere of influence,” is how leaders measure their positions.

The sphere has to draw as many as possible into it in order for the trust and efficacy levels of any given leader to resonate favourably within those she wishes to lead. That sphere floats inside the cube, sometimes quite unpredictably. The best way to explain it is to explain that the sphere was very large and unfocused on September the 10th, 2001. It narrowed considerably the next day.

With that, I invite you to visit here to pass the time. In my universe, your time is the ultimate compliment you can give me because it is the only thing you can't get any more of.

WST
March 27, 2006.

1 Comments:

Blogger jillian said...

Thank GOD you're not one of those intellectual poseurs who drop Ayn Rand references like dogs drop poop - wantonly and with no regard for who might happen to walk through it.

Nice blog.

12:40 p.m.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home