INFO-Tain-ment

Monday, June 13, 2011

Its very tough - NBA Finals

As a Yankees fan, it is really tough for me to be sore at a team for pulling together as many great players as possible.

As a fan of humanity, however, it is really easy for me to castigate a jackass who made a ceremony about where he chose to take his next job. It was like the Game of Thrones, except the King didn't want the crown. Then, to play second banana to a proven winner because when the chips were down, he couldn't get the job done.

I cheered for the Heat three times in my life.

The first time was when they drafted UNLV centre George Ackles. He barely got off the bench, but it was the memory of his dominance in college that made me like them.

The second time was when Alonzo Mourning - one of the greatest grit distributors (no error) literally beat up everyone EXCEPT the Knicks, who finally topped them in a 4-3 Conference final that featured 'Zo and LJ going toe to toe.

The last time was when Shaq got Kobe'd out of Los Angeles, only to take Flash to the golden ring. Evidence that the Diesel knew how to win. And, he brought 'Zo along for the title too.

But this team was annoying. With the exception of Flash (D Wade) they were a bunch of selfish, ego-driven losers who thought they could just pick their way to the title. All this proved to me is that Phil Jackson probably deserves a lot more credit.

I also don't have many nice things to say about the Dallas Mavericks. I like Jason Kidd- glad he got a title. And, happy that Chancellor Bird-noviski got his too. I don't buy the "he is one of the greatest players ever" crap though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home