INFO-Tain-ment

Friday, April 23, 2010

Its funny how things align

On the same day that the Premier of Ontario pulls the "advanced" sex-education off the table, Archie Comics introduces an openly gay character.

So, I know that when I was in Grade Three, I read Archie Comics. There are people who are trying to justify the new sex ed because of Archie comics. They say "our kids are innudated with this stuff, they need to understand it."

Poppycock, I say. In grade three I learned that Dragon's aren't Dinosaurs. I barely knew long division. I was still trying to learn how to spell- I couldn't put the *I* before *E* let alone tab a into slot b.

Maybe the Premier's decision was the best decision after all.

1 Comments:

Blogger Timmyson said...

Well, if otherwise reasonably, well-informed people like yourself think this, then what hope was there, really?

In grade three kids know the difference between boys and girls, have assimilated some degree of heteronormativity, and may very well be struggling with conformity to gender roles. That and some basic anatomy constitute the sex-ed portion of this.

This furor is just the latest surfacing of those hateful of homosexuals.

6:50 a.m.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home