INFO-Tain-ment

Sunday, March 16, 2008

Two Dumb Quotes

Jermiah Right - Pretty tame, by fiery black preacher standards

If you believe Mr. Obama, and suggest that he didn't know that Mr. Right has said these things (which I don't - *I* have heard these things before) - the only conclusion we can fairly draw is that he obviously hasn't been to his own church very much. But, it is not like he was a senior campaign advisor. He denounced it, let's move on.

Geraldine Ferraro I was a trailblazer too

How friggin' rich is that? If Hillary Clinton was (say) Hillary Rodham - does anyone honestly believe she would be where she is right now?

Regardless, Clinton denounced it, let's move on.

But Gerald(ine) said more

I wouldn't have been picked for VP if I was a dude!

Of course it is true, and of course if Barack Obama (D - Freedom!) was Harry Cleaver (D - Suburbs) he wouldn't be nearly as cool/interesting. Frankly, I have always lamented non-meritocracy factors playing into politics - but, people like to vote for people that are like them. Thus, Obama will lock up the articulate, well-educated vote.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home