INFO-Tain-ment

Thursday, March 13, 2008

SPAM!

I haven't cleared my inbox in a while- so this morning as I deleted what seemed to be thousands of emails, I wondered to myself - what is the point of all this spam?

Seriously- I want to meet the guy who gets an email entitled "Satisfy her with more g&erth" and says to himself - "You know, I really could use some more g&erth" and clicks on the link.

Of course, most of them probably aren't even real - which begs the question "what is the point?"

Obviously, in the tens of millions of emails that are sent every second there has to be some law of return that says doing all that work is worth it. There is some guy in Kansas whose job it is to collect active email addresses and then resell them.

Some day, it will make sense to me. I am immune to most advertising (except that add for HEAD ON!) so perhaps it will always be a mystery.

1 Comments:

Blogger jessrawk said...

Ha! That head on advert is totally precious.

9:26 a.m.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home