INFO-Tain-ment

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

So Happy

It is amazing how much one activity can change my outlook.

In the past few weeks, months even, I have been very depressed. Despite Hockey and Curling, there is nothing that makes me less happy than not being able to walk outside without freezing to death.

Luckily, it is officially golfing time. Last night I played 15 holes, (made two birdies - which I will track on my blog for the year), and it is incalculable how much better I feel - like I have been given a shot of adrenaline.

The irony, of course, is that the thing which has been dragging me down for six months, if not seven years, is climate change policy. I can't remember the last time I played a round of golf this early in the season on my home course - it was probably 1992 - the year Fred Couples won the Masters. The only reason I can remember it is because my course was open during the tournament and it was a very difficult decision whether to play or watch. Of course, we played and watched the end.

So, three cheers for climate change? It both pays for and allows me to golf in April?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home