INFO-Tain-ment

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Drought in Africa

People who don't have the same access to water we have

I must have missed a memo - I didn't realize that the last drought had ended.

As a Canadian (a country which "owns" 4% of the world's potable water) I find it absolutely abhorrent that we haven't devised a way to GIVE some of our water away.

Setting water aside, as a Canadian, I find it almost worse that we haven't found a way to enrich their soil with the SCADS of raw nutrient fertilizers we have.

Setting water and Potash aside, as a tax payer, I am disgusted that we haven't decided to focus on this as an issue. Teach a man to fish, blah blah blah - that skill is no good when there is no lake.

And people say that I am a dreamer- I wish I wasn't the only one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home